1017 HK Amsterdam
Secret Village (SV) is located on the Reguliersdwasstraat in the heart of Amsterdam. Business owners, bar & restaurant employees, property owners & other Secret Villagers have joined forces with Green City Buzz to pilot exciting sustainable urban development initiatives. SV is a living, breathing showcase and experimental playground, but on the surface it’s a destination where you can come to stroll, eat, drink & dance.
1-5 May is our annual Clean & Green week. King’s Day is fun, but our city and our streets are trashed just before our peak season starts, so we mark this week in our calendars to involve the whole community- business owners, residents and visitors to the street- to help us clean & green the street in time for it to really shine over spring and summer.
This is the perfect week to show off what we’re doing to improve our city streets. We are looking for Secret Village Guides to welcome visitors to Secret Village as they enter the street. If you’re available for a minimum of two hours between 1pm-9pm on Wednesday 3 May, you want to contribute to making our beloved Amsterdam a better place & you like chatting with people- we want you! It might even be more fun if you bring a friend to volunteer with you.
Details of the task:
- When people visit the street we want to welcome them, let them know what makes our street unique & encourage them to return
- We have prepared a short 1-2 minute summary about all of our greening, sustainability and community building initiatives
- As a guide, the message you’ll be sharing is essentially “Welcome to Secret Village, did you know (tell them about a few of the initiatives underway in the street)? By choosing Secret Village as a destination you’re supporting all of these initiatives and we hope you’ll be back again soon and that you’ll bring your friends”.
- The idea is to be friendly & warm, but not pushy. We aren’t trying to sell anything to visitors, we just want to welcome them & let them know what’s going on behind the scenes to make our city a better place!
- All language speakers welcome- but we need Dutch OR English as a minimum
- Once you sign up we’ll send you a cheat sheet to get you prepared
- We’ll also provide you with a list of tips for places to eat or drink in case you are asked
- Before you get started a member of our team will meet you to provide some final tips & tricks & answer any questions you might have
What’s in it for you?
- A million karma points!
- Meeting new people & getting to know an important corner of your city
- Free snacks from our favourite Venezuelan street food heroes- prepare your taste buds!
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.